Guided Tour of New Bedford Harbor
Glide over the waters of New Bedford Harbor aboard a quiet vessel with an experienced captain at the helm. Discover the impressive history of this charming seaside town.
What You Will Do
- Cruise along the serene waters of New Bedford Harbor on board a spacious vessel
- See the Palmer's Island Lighthouse, a centuries-old lighthouse that looms large over the New Bedford Harbor
- Spot Fort Phoenix State Reservation, the largest Hurricane Barrier on the East Coast
- Pass by the Schooner Ernestina, a boat that once sailed within 600-miles of the North Pole and later transported immigrants to the U.S.
- Learn all about New Bedford's relationship with the whaling industry from your knowledgeable guide
- 60-minute narrated boat cruise
Parking is free at the pier.
Non-refundable. However, 24-hour notice is required to reschedule. If operator cancels due to inclement weather, you have the option to reschedule.
- 168 Ratings
Beautiful boat & great narration by the Captain!
Great tour showing you lots of sights and attractions and really brings you up-close to New Bedford's fishing fleet (very interesting!) So much incredible history, too. Highly recommend!
Captain Cathy's stories and upbeat personality were great.
The guide was very knowledgeable and interesting.
Great tour with Captain Kathy. The whole family enjoyed very much.
Loved the tour. Capt. Kathy is very informative, pleasant and just great. The friends I brought, for their first time on the HarborTour, were amazed at how much they enjoyed and how much they learned about the fishing industry in New Bedford. Will certainly do the tour again. This is a great asset to this City.
Cathy was very informative and interesting. We enjoyed the trip very much. She even let our children take a turn driving the boat. We all had a fun and relaxing trip.
Very knowledgeable ,very personal tour