Whitewater Rafting on the White Salmon River
Join this unique group of guides, instructors, and educators on an epic rafting trip down the Wild and Scenic White Salmon River. Just over one-hour from Portland, this world-renowned river is a must see.
What You Will Do
- Paddle through a collapsed lava tube that once carried molting lava from Mt. Adams and now carries crystal clear glacial waters through lush canyons with natural springs flowing from the cliffs
- Charge some of the best class 3-4 rapids in the country and when the conditions are right, a class 5 option that involves your raft and a 14-foot waterfall
- Enjoy an adventure that is ideal for all ages and skill levels with a professional team that can adapt to it all
- Take away new information based around the river and the sport of whitewater rafting, told by the pros
- Shuttle to and from our outpost to the river access.
- We will supply you with a wetsuit, jacket, and shoes, as well as the safety gear, PFD (Lifejacket) and helmet.
- Each raft comes with a top notch guide who will help you through the whole day
- A photographer will also join your trip to capture some of the best moments. You can purchase the photos and we will load them on a jump drive for you to take home.
- Open mind and willingness to engage in the adventure
- No drugs or alcohol before your trip
- Liability waiver
- Be on time and ready to start your trip. When you are late or not ready to go everyone suffers. The more efficient we are on land the more time we spend playing in the cool waters and less standing on the bank in the hot sun
- Let us know before the trip if you have any special needs, medical issues, or cant swim. If you are worried about it, let us know
- Bring your medications
-The White Salmon River is one of the coldest rivers in the country even in the middle of the summer. Its hard to imagine but we do recommend that you bring a long sleeve non-cotton shirt to wear on the water. Examples, wool, polypropylene, and fleece. -Cash is handy for purchasing photos and for tipping your guide. Guides work very hard and take on the responsibility of getting you down the river in the safest way possible, let them know you appreciate the extra effort they put out for you.
Full refunds for cancellations made at least 72 hours in advance.
- 58 Ratings