- 40 Ratings
Guided Landmark Tour of New City Madrid
Explore the Madrid of the Bourbon dynasty, which dates back to the beginning of the XVIII century. Discover how a period of expansion and renewal reached its greatest heights under King Charles III.
What You Will Do
- Hear all about the push behind the modernization of both Madrid and Spain
- Cross La Puerta del Sol, the centre of the city and the beginning of all roads in Spain
- Walk around the symbolically-charged monuments of the city, which were heavily influenced by the classical period
- See the French king’s use of rich cultural heritage, which was inherited from the Austrian kings
- Visit the fountains in which Real Madrid and Atlético de Madrid celebrate their numerous titles
- Hear stories of the Napoleonic Invasion and of the Uprising of the 2nd of May that followed
- Guided tour of Madrid
- 40 Ratings
We liked the new city tour a lot, it taught us a lot of new stories and histories about Madrid. Raquel was also a very enthousiastic and friendly guide.
Because it was in spanish and the time was comfortable for us
Lots of important details. Humor. Timely. At a great pace. My teenager enjoyed it as well.
Leticia made the tour extremely interesting and exciting. She got all our attention from beginning to end by telling facts with a humurous twist. She is very energetic and entertaining person who loves what she's doing. We had a great time and wish to say a warm thank you again to Leticia for the time with us.
Guide was very good and fast paced. Tour ended after dark, and it took a while to find our way back.
Se enjoyed very much the walking tour with Raquel. She was enthusiastic and with a very good sense of humor!
Fantastic tour guile with excellent knowledge of Madrid! A very nice way to see the city :)
Great guide and very interesting stories!
Iría was a fantastic and lively tour guide. He excitement was contagious and she made the walk super interesting. I would recommend her tour anytime!
The tour was very informative, but perhaps had too much detail in the narrative, rather than focusing on key ideas and giving some detail driven by interested participants. Tour guide was very personable and knowledgeable.
The tour guide was really nice and she could explain everything clearly with a lot of enthusiasm. We had a lot of fun! Thank u again so much.
It was too long tour. Could have a break for 20min and then continue. Also too much informations that was unecessary
Raquel was very informative, gregarious, and displays a clear passion towards the stories she was telling. The tour was fun and informative, with just the right amount of walking. Very much recommended
Guild was well explained, professional,