- 8 Ratings
Guided Kayak Tour on the San Antonio River
Enjoy a kayaking adventure that is perfect for nature, and water lovers. Climb into your kayak and follow your certified guide on a three mile trip down this biodiverse, and fertile area.
What You Will Do
- Get some exercise while having a blast on the San Antonio River with friends or family
- Paddle down this beautiful river for up to three hours, while observing the natural wildlife, like turtles, fish, and tons of birds
- Coast through the San Antonio Missions National Park and get a glimpse of San Antonio's historic past that is reflected in a number of architectural marvels
- Take some time to explore the multi-cultural city itself after you've seen its life giving river
- Kayaks, paddles, and life vests
- Shuttle service
- A guided tour
Wear weather appropriate non cotton clothing that you don’t mind getting wet. Meeting at Espada Park in the parking lot near the bathrooms. Mission Kayak's single kayaks can hold up to 300 pounds.
Cancellations must be made 72 hours before scheduled trips. Refunds will not be given if cancellations are made within 72 hours of the scheduled trip. We will give full refunds for unreasonable weather conditions. Refunds will be given for any unforeseen closures of the San Antonio Mission Reach section of the San Antonio River.
- 8 Ratings
Friendly, courteous, professional staff. Kayaks were great as was the instruction and guiding. Highly recommend
A lot a fun!
I thoroughly enjoyed myself. Most fun I have had on ages.
The tour guide, Sarah, was very professional and just plain wonderful. With the recent rains, she was very open to help us reschedule a tour date. Turns out, we were the only ones on the tour date we asked for. She didn't try to squeeze us in with another group or day to make things convenient. NO, she was there for us when we wanted. That was wonderful. The tour itself was fun - a lazy float down the river watching the local wildlife and learning little facts about each species along the way. Everything was handled safely. The equipment checked and the route scouted ahead of us so that everything was safe. My wife is disabled; Sarah is trained to help people with physical disabilities, which was perfect. I highly recommend the 3 hour guided tour - 1 hour is NOT enough to fully enjoy it.