Guided Food & Walking Tour of Bologna
Immerse yourself in the history, culture and architecture of Bologna as you explore a medieval market. Sample the flavors that have made Bologna an international destination for foodies.
What You Will Do
- Stroll through the streets of Bologna, one of the largest cities in northern Italy, with an informative and friendly guide
- Spend more than three hours exploring as you sample local foods that fill you up
- Meander through a food market to visit ancient family-run shops, as well as a bakery, chocolate factory, pasta laboratory, gelato shop and more
- Learn about the city's history, traditions and culture from your guide, who offers an entertaining look at the city
- Walking tour of Bologna
- Visit to Bologna food market
- Visit to five food shops with tastings
Please wear comfortable clothing and walking shoes, and bring an empty stomach.
Up to 72 hours, no penalty. 48 hours before the tour date, 30% penalty. 24 hours before tour date, 80% penalty.
- 28 Ratings
Everything was grand! Chaira, our guide, was fun and informative and passionate about food in Bologna! We thought the amount of food offered at the tastings was more than substantial, in fact, more than we had anticipated. We enjoyed everywhere Chiara took us.
Naima, our tour guide, was great! Funny and knowledgeable. We learned quite a bit about the history behind the food and got to taste the local flavor. For true foodies like us, a couple of suggestions: One is to provide us with info in the beginning of the tour as to places we will be visiting and why so we know what to expect and can pace ourselves. And two - For example at the pasta factory, it would have been an even greater experience if we were able to have a small taste of different things instead of having just one big plate of one dish per person. This would have allowed us to sample a assortment of the real Bolognese specialties - tortellinis, Lasagna, and tagliatelle with Bolognese ragu, etc. - in one seating. Overall a wonderful experience for anyone who is a foodie and want to understand and learn history’s effect on the food culture of Bologna..