- Set off on an indoor guided historic tour of the Village, which was the Traverse City State Hospital
- Learn about Dr. Munson’s “Beauty is Therapy” theory on patient care, the purpose of the architecture, and more
- Wander through Building 50, stopping at points of interest along the way, including the former Chapel now known as Kirkbride Hall
- Guided tour
Please wear comfortabel walking shoes.
- Must be physically capable to climb up and down steep stairs and walk through low-clearance areas
- Each participant must sign a waiver, and a parent or legal guardian must accompany and sign the waiver for each child under 18 years of age
- Children under age 12 are not permitted
Tickets are non refundable.
To see the full calendar click theBook Now button below
More activities from this operator
Traverse City Historic Asylum Photography Tour
Meander through the grounds of the Village at Grand Traverse Commons, a historic group of buildings that are currently in the process of being restored. Snap great shots of this former hospital that was built in the style of Victorian-Italianate architecture.