Get an inside look at the architectural wonder of the former Traverse City State Hospital. Follow your guide as you learn about the purpose and theory behind these structures.
Cancellation:  No refunds for cancelled bookings
Best Price Guaranteed
- Set off on an indoor guided historic tour of the Village, which was the Traverse City State Hospital
- Learn about Dr. Munson’s “Beauty is Therapy” theory on patient care, the purpose of the architecture, and more
- Wander through Building 50, stopping at points of interest along the way, including the former Chapel now known as Kirkbride Hall
- Guided tour
Please wear comfortabel walking shoes.
- Must be physically capable to climb up and down steep stairs and walk through low-clearance areas
- Each participant must sign a waiver, and a parent or legal guardian must accompany and sign the waiver for each child under 18 years of age
- Children under age 12 are not permitted
Tickets are non refundable.
Mar 3, 2020
Informative and entertaining.
Mar 2, 2020
Tour guide was very knowledgeable and interesting. Great tour.
Feb 16, 2020
I really liked the actual walking part of the tour. I did not like that we stood in front of the photos and the tour guide talked. The story was good but could have been shortened or done while walking into areas. He mentioned the 2 hour tour a couple times when it is not available that weekend. Of course the tunnels were fabulous! Is there a room set up like a old patient room? That would be neat to see
Meeting location:  830 Cottageview Dr
Over 1 million bookings
for the world’s greatest activities are processed by Peek every year