- Wander through old hospital buildings full of classic beauty
- Travel through the underground steam tunnel system built in 1883
- Learn from your guide about the history of mental health in this country and the role this particular building played in that story
- Guided Historic Tour of the Village at Grand Traverse Commons, formerly the Traverse City State Hospital
- These tours require guests to be physically capable to climb up and down steep stairs and walk through low-clearance areas. Significant walking will be required. Wear weather-appropriate clothing and closed-toed shoes.
- Ages 12 & over. Under 18 requires a parent or guardian present.
Once tickets are purchased they can not be cancelled.
To see the full calendar click theBook Now button below
More activities from this operator
Traverse City Historic Asylum Photography Tour
Meander through the grounds of the Village at Grand Traverse Commons, a historic group of buildings that are currently in the process of being restored. Snap great shots of this former hospital that was built in the style of Victorian-Italianate architecture.