Secrets of Grand Central Terminal Tour
Discover the fascinating story and secrets behind one of New York City's most iconic landmark. Follow your guide for a revealing tour of Grand Central Terminal, where decades of history hide.
What You Will Do
- Explore all of Grand Central's unique spaces as you unearth its secrets on this guided walking tour
- Locate Grand Central's hidden tennis courts and lost armchairs
- Peek into the entrance of the famous glass walkways
- Experience one of Grand Central's worst kept secret: the Whispering Gallery
- Hear the story of Hitler's spies who tried to sabotage Grand Central's secret M-452 basement
- Learn about the struggle to save and restore Grand Central as an icon of the past, and the challenges it faces to ensure that it serves New York’s future
Walking tour of Grand Central led by a licensed NYC Tour guide
Anyone is free to take pictures inside Grand Central. However, if you will be using professional equipment like a tripod, you will need to get a permit through Metro-North's Corporate & Public Affairs Department. Please contact Meredith Conti at (212) 340-4825, or via e-mail at email@example.com. Please allow one week minimum advance notice or more, depending on the scope of your request.
Please bring comfortable shoes.
- 232 Ratings
Our guide, Gabby, very enthusiastic and knowledgeable. Made the visit an overall great experience. We have been to GCT over 100 times and never saw all the things she pointed out.
Our tour guide was very knowledgeable. Answered every question and was very enjoyable! I will so another untapped tour & recommend it to my friends! Thanks for doing a great job!
Jeff was our tour guide. The tour was great, very interesting & informative. Jeff went at a comfortable pace making sure everyone was together before continuing, each time we moved to a new area. I've been on many tours where this didn't happen. I wasn't sure I'd be able to do the tour if there were many stairs, but we only went up a half staircase. We went outside to look at the building itself, we learned about things from the past and what may take place in the near future. We all learned so many fun facts. I've already recommended the tour to others.