- 22 Ratings
Tour of Garcia Caves Near Monterrey
Travel back in time millions of years ago with a visit to Las Grutas de Garcia or Garcia Caves, a prehistoric cave in the heart of Mexico. Wonder at the ancient rock and fossil formations as you learn about the cave's underwater past, then travel to Huasteca Canyon and the town of Garcia for a taste of local culture and even more stunning geographical formations.
What You Will Do
- Marvel at the ancient rock and fossil formations that makeup Las Grutas de Garcia, including the walls made of sea shells and marine fossils, and the imposing stalactites and stalagmites
- Visit Parque La Huasteca, a popular destination for rock-climbers from all over the world, and capture the majestic views of these stunning stone cliffs on camera
- Gaze up at the towering, snowy peak of El Fraile, the mountain where Las Grutas de Garcia makes its home
- Take a trip to the town of Garcia and get an intimate look at the culture of this quiet region from artisans, bakers and other locals
- Taste local cuisine with a stop at a restaurant known for its traditional flavors or visit a local church and petting zoo for some extra fun
- Guided tour
- Entrance fees
- Pick up at your hotel
Please bring extra money, camera and sunscreen.
Please cancel at least 24 hours in advance of tour.
- 22 Ratings
- Carla Cristina
Fue una excelente experiencia y muy buen guia tambien.
Fue un paseo increible, ademas todo fue muy puntual y cordial el guia que nos llevo durante todo el trayecto fue muy ameno en sus comentarios
Pick up on time, German-our tour guide-very friendly, the caves and zoo were great! Very entertaining and the city of garcia was a nice place to eat and finish the day.
La próxima visita a Monterrey claro que los vuelvo a contactar muchas gracias excelente
El precio del tour es muy caro tomando en cuenta los lugares que se visitan. La puntualidad y el conocimiento del Guia fueron excelentes.
Una experiencia lindísima
- SANDRA RODRIGUEZ PAZ
El guía ofreció un excelente servicio, actitud y entusiasmo
This was my first visit to Mexico. I booked this trip for my 12 year old daughter and myself while my husband was busy working in Monterrey. It was an amazing experience! The caves were beautiful, the zoo was fun, the museum was informative and the bakery was a delicious stop. Our tour guide went above and beyond to make sure two Americans who speak very limited Spanish felt comfortable and learned a lot about the caves and about art from each state in Mexico. I highly recommend this tour!