Extended Walking Tour of the Austin Music Scene
Discover the unique charm of Austin's culture on this comprehensive walking tour of the city. Learn all about the city and its role in American music as you explore its vibrant and ever-changing music scene.
What You Will Do
- Take a stroll through the 6th St. Entertainment District, full grand Victorian architecture and clubs where live music is played nightly
- Learn even more about the Austin music scene as you wander around the Warehouse District, where every block is full of creative restaurants, historic hotels, and of course, live music
- Head to South Austin and visit the site of the famous Armadillo World Headquarters, the classic nightclub where progressive country was developed
- Experience iconic moments in music history with an exclusive look at original advertising posters that showcase the stars that have passed through Austin, as well as photos from their defining performances
- Guided 2.5 hour city music tour
Please bring comfortable walking shoes, a hat and an umbrella.
- 11 Ratings
A lot of great personalized information!
Richard is an outstanding tour guide. He had interesting and informative anecdotes and background stories for the many locations we visited. The tour time of 2 1/2 hours went by very quickly. Bottom line: any music lover should take this tour!
My wife and I really enjoyed this tour. It really gave us the whole picture of the Austin music scene's history and where it is now.