Determine the contents of a mysterious package that arrived at a local video store. Does your team have what it takes to retrieve the package before the police arrive?
Duration:  1hr 15mins - 1hr 30mins
Best Price Guaranteed
- Enjoy a trip down memory lane in this video store that looks like it was snatched from the 90s
- Get a one-of-a-kind escape room is designed to test your team’s communication skills and problem-solving abilities
- Make your way through a series of puzzles and mysteries as you complete this mission
- Embark on a mission that starts out dark, but how long it stays dark depends on your team
- No need to worry about any jump scares or actors hiding in our rooms, but there you do only have sixty-minutes to complete the mission
- Your Mission Commander will provide your team with intelligence reports (hints) upon your request
- A digital souvenir photo will be taken to celebrate your mission
- Please arrive 15 minutes before your booking to fill out paperwork and get your safety briefing
- There is a ton of street parking nearby and a huge parking garage one block away
- Little ones are welcomed, but there’s no space for strollers in the room. Hands-free carriers like Baby Bjorns are great!
- If you wear reading glasses, you should bring them!
- Our mission’s kick off on time. If your team arrives late, we will not be able to let you inside. No refunds will be provided for late arrivals or no-shows
- We are only able to offer full refunds for missions canceled 48 hours in advance
- We reserve the right to refuse entrance to anyone who appears to be under the influence
- Children 8 and under must be accompanied by an adult
- Due to allergies of future players, no pets are allowed on our missions
- Only reservations canceled 48 hours in advance can be fully refunded
Apr 19, 2019
First I want to say that there should be some sort of disclaimer that in the video room you needed to have actual knowledge from movies people have seen in order to get some of the clues. Some of our players are not movie goers and just had to stand around. Not fun for them. One of the puzzles we were working on was broken and we didn't find that out until about 15min worth of work on it. Finally the girl said look on the monitor for your clue the light is not plugged in for you to do the puzzle and she wouldn't tell us where to plug it in at. When we get inside the room with the package that is in the drawer, we got our clues, started inputting the codes on the lock and the time ran out . When we asked the girl what the code was she looked at the clue and said " Oh they changed it " we said, so the clues we had was not going to work? She said " No, and walked away ". We all just looked at each other . We asked her how were we supposed to finish then? The girl stated we would have to pay again and try it over. Umm NO! We never would have finished so why did we even do this if we could not finish.... EVER! Did we have fun finishing the clues we could finish... Yes. Not worth the money for 7 of us to do when you can't finish. We had 6 min left to figure out the last clue with clues that would never open the lock. As for the staff, we encountered the first girl she was great. She was a tall, thin, African American young lady who was very nice and engaging. I have no doubt she would not have let us bumble around for 15 min on a broken puzzle. The other young lady, since there was only 2 employees, seemed like it was a bother for her to answer our questions or she would answer our questions with a question. Then to tell us we would have to repay in order to finish when the clue to the last lock was not attainable. Four of our Seven people have done numerous escape rooms, two of our party have done only 2 others and 1 have never been before. The four that had extensive experience said this escape room The Video store was confusing as there was multiple ways to solve one lock combination, items were broken or you had to ask for the clue to move on as something was missing. There should be a check list for the employees to make sure everything is in working order and all clues in place. I would not recommend the Escape the Video Store to friends as $220.00+ to not be able to finish is not right. We came from the East Bay to Monterey for celebrate a birthday and had a great day then this room made us all scratch our head in disbelief then we had a great dinner at Bubba Gump's which was great !
Meeting location:  711 Cannery Row
To see the full calendar click theBook Now button below
More activities from this operator
Over 1 million bookings
for the world’s greatest activities are processed by Peek every year