- 14 Ratings
Taos Seven Week Beginner Pottery Class
Learn all about pottery with this extensive course that will have you making your own dinnerware, home decorations, and more-- in no time. This seven-week class gives you plenty of hands-on experience and training, and is found in the heart of Taos, a small town nestled among the Sangro de Cristo mountains that's known as a haven for artists.
What You Will Do
- Enjoy your pottery class regardless of experience level in a class led by supportive and friendly instructors
- Get a lesson in the ancient pottery technique of handbuilding—use only your hands to craft great-looking ceramic pieces
- Learn how to use a pottery wheel to to squeeze, lift, and shape the clay
- Glaze and finish the pieces you sculpt to make them food-safe—take them home and let your friends and family know even the dishes have been made by you
- Take advantage of daily access to the community studio and the ceramics equipment during all seven weeks of your course
- Get a full two and a half hours of instruction every week with plenty of one-on-one time
- Seven week pottery class
- Bag of clay
- Access to equipment
- 14 Ratings
Maria provided clear instructions and kept a manageable, relaxed pace.
Really enjoyed the first class. We have a first class very informative instructor and I can't wait to learn more.
Teacher is knowledgeable. All residents helpful. Atmosphere conducive to learning, sharing and inspiring. Love the space you have created.
It was my first time throwing clay, and the instructors were very kind and helpful.