- 14 Ratings
Taos Seven Week Beginner Pottery Class
Learn all about pottery with this extensive course that will have you making your own dinnerware, home decorations, and more-- in no time. This seven-week class gives you plenty of hands-on experience and training, and is found in the heart of Taos, a small town nestled among the Sangro de Cristo mountains that's known as a haven for artists.
What You Will Do
- Enjoy your pottery class regardless of experience level in a class led by supportive and friendly instructors
- Get a lesson in the ancient pottery technique of handbuilding—use only your hands to craft great-looking ceramic pieces
- Learn how to use a pottery wheel to to squeeze, lift, and shape the clay
- Glaze and finish the pieces you sculpt to make them food-safe—take them home and let your friends and family know even the dishes have been made by you
- Take advantage of daily access to the community studio and the ceramics equipment during all seven weeks of your course
- Get a full two and a half hours of instruction every week with plenty of one-on-one time
- Seven week pottery class
- Bag of clay
- Access to equipment
- 14 Ratings
Maria provided clear instructions and kept a manageable, relaxed pace.
Really enjoyed the first class. We have a first class very informative instructor and I can't wait to learn more.
Teacher is knowledgeable. All residents helpful. Atmosphere conducive to learning, sharing and inspiring. Love the space you have created.