- 184 Ratings
Downtown Asheville Walking Tour
Hit the streets of Asheville for an incredible walking tour of the "Paris of the South" as you follow your guide through a maze of astounding architectural and historical landmarks.
What You Will Do
- Start off at the Vance Monument, a gathering place for all sorts of Asheville residents that even features the occasional street fair
- Don't miss a word with state-of-the-art audio equipment that makes hearing your guide easy
- Stroll through town on a comfortably paced walking tour that takes you by the only basilica in western North Carolina, the century-old Basilica of St. Lawrence
- Stop by the First Baptist Church, an Art Deco house of worship designed by the famous architect Douglas Ellington
- See the first skyscraper in western North Carolina, the Jackson Building, a Neo-Gothic, 15 story behemoth that is sure to impresse with its size and design
- Guided walking tour of Asheville
If you use a wheelchair or other mobility device your guide will gladly adjust the route as best as possible for easier accessibility, or arrange a private tour, if possible, at no additional cost.
- 184 Ratings
It gave us such an amazing look into the city and what led to her progression. It was a very enjoyable experience that I’d suggest for others to experience.
Tebbe have us a very complete history tour of the city and architectural buildings with great enthusiasm and love of his subject matter!
Even though the weather wasn't cooperation (raining) we had an excellent tour with Sharon and learned many facts about Asheville.
Some of my group members wanted to be more entertained, ie jokes, more anecdotes. However, we all appreciated the knowledge from someone who has been a resident since 1979 and was part of the growth.
Great tour given by a great tour guide! Rick gave a knowlegable and fun tour of Asheville. The supplied head sets were an added perk which ensured all could hear what he was saying. I highly recommend!
Terrific tour. Very informative. Our guide, Rick, was very personable and did a great job telling the story of Asheville.
This was an excellent tour taken seriously by the tour guide. The wish to inform, clear up questions, and reveal important aspects of Asheville were all part of the experience. There is a great deal to know about any city and even on a to day visit, after this tour, there is a greater understanding of the history, events as they unfolded, influential people who played a part in the history, and leaving with a deeper understanding of Asheville. In addition, lots of good places to visit, eat, and spend time around were pointed out.
Rick was informative and is full of love for this city. The pace was perfect and the use of the personal listening devices worked well amid some of the city noise. I highly recommend this tour - especially early in your visit to Asheville.
Interesting, knowledgeable, friendly guide. I also appreciate the whisper radios.
Great fun! Loved hearing about the architecture, how the different seasons of our country impacted Asheville and the culture.
Kevin was a great guide! He knew his stuff and was enthusiastic about the info he was sharing. He was also very well-spoken and kept all of us engaged. Good job covering history as well as current Asheville. I've been on walking tours in the US and abroad and Kevin was one of the best guides I've had!