- 63 Ratings
Deluxe Tour of the Henderson Castle in Kalamazoo
Explore all four stories of a historic Kalamazoo castle and get a taste of true opulence as you learn the history of this unique building.
What You Will Do
- Discover the the highest ranked historic inn in Kalamazoo that sits upon three acres of land and is over 10,000 square feet
- Enjoy the exquisite architecture and design of this Queen Anne-style mansion that is furnished with antique and modern luxuries, including heated marble floors, crystal chandeliers, and stained glass windows
- Get an intimate view of this scenic estate as you stroll through the vineyard and garden, then finish with a final photo opportunity of the entire castle
- Learn about the fascinating 125 years of history behind this castle
- Guided tour of the Castle
Tours happen rain or shine. The first floor of the castle is wheelchair accessible, unfortunately the 2nd and 3rd floors can only be accessed by stairs.
- 63 Ratings
I took my mother for a tour of the castle a few days ago, and when I asked her if she liked Henderson castle she said: "I loved it!" My mother has always been interested in old historic houses. She said she loved everything about the house, and that the tour guide Alex was her most favorite part because of his passion for history and the castle, and willingness to answer her questions. After the tour, my mother did some wine tasting and was impressed with the gentleman who facilitated the tasting. As a result, she bought several types of the Henderson Castle wine. The receptionists were all welcoming. I have met Francois a few times and I think he's an amazing entrepreneur who is dedicated to his customers. He's kept Henderson Castle going strong. I've had the 12-course meal, and a few years ago I spent the night at the castle, and look forward to the time where I'll return.
We were a small group so all of our questions were answered by our wonderful tour guide. I don't remember how many years that we've seen your billboard on the way to Kalamazoo but we have always wanted to see it. Now that we have we weren't disappointed. We may even come again to see it and the grounds in their summer splendor!
It was very interesting. A lovely Castle. Everyone was great. And I am looking toward having dinner and a night stay there!!