Daytrip to the Salt Cathedral and Guatavita
A thorough daytrip of two of the most iconic towns near Bogotá: Guatavita and Zipaquirá. Learn the legend of El Dorado and marvel at the amazing Salt Cathedral, all in one day!
What You Will Do
- Head to Guatavita, a town in Colombia that was rebuilt after a major flood that destroyed it
- Explore the area around the lake during a guided hike, uncovering the history and much more
- Hear stories about the area's folklore, learning what is real and what is only a myth
- Check out the Guatavita natural park where you'll gain a better understanding to the local flora and fauna
- Uncover the charming area of Zipaquirá, a thriving city located in central Colombia
- Listen to stories told about the historical Zipa empire and the local salt mines
- Marvel at the Salt Cathedral, learning about its construction and religious symbolism
- Get a chance to see plenty of landmarks along the way, including the Zipaquirá Archaeological Museum and Casa del Nobel Gabriel García Márquez
Local guide, Hotel pick up and drop off, Transport from Bogotá to Zipaquirá, Entry to the Salt Cathedral, Transport from Zipaquirá to Guatavita, Visit to the town of New Guatavita, Entry to Guatavita’s natural park, Transport from Guatavita to Bogotá, Risk insurance
-Always pay close attention to what our guides say.
Lunch not included: you can choose from a variety of restaurants in the area (our guide will help you pick)
Send us an email with CANCELLATION as a topic 12 hours before the start of the activity.