Day Tour to Adadi Mariam Rock Church
Enjoy a day tour from Addis Ababa to visit the rock-carved church of Adadi Mariam. Plus, explore one of the sites of Ethiopia registered by UNESCO as a World Heritage, the Steles of Tiya.
What You Will Do
- Visit the unique and still active rock-hewn church of Adadi Mariam, which was carved out of a single piece of rock in the 13th Century AD
- Explore the steles of Tiya, which are huge blocks of stones erected in memory of important local people in the 14th Century AD
- Enjoy the great scenery of the Ethiopian part of the Great East African Rift Valley,
- Experience the life of the countryside people of Ethiopia by visiting a local family of the Oromo tribe
- Attend a typical Ethiopian Coffee Ceremony
- Comfortable private Toyota Minivan of 2014 Model
- Fuel (gasoline), driver's allowance, professional experienced English speaking tour guide, family visits and coffee ceremony attendance, and all related government taxes
June, July and August is the rainy season around this part of Ethiopia. Women are expected to cover hairs and be fully dressed when visiting churches. No smoking when visiting churches and villages.