- 6 Ratings
Day Tour of Oaxaca Textiles
Take a journey into Zapotec households to discover the threaded heritage of this corner of Mexico. Spend hours exploring the local traditions of Oaxaca with a friendly guide leading the way.
What You Will Do
- Meet the people who keep the essential and rare textile traditions of Oaxaca alive
- See the floral-embroidered aprons that are made in a village workshop and are an indispensable part of everyday dress for rural women
- Check out the trades of needle lace and silk cultivation, which were once common in Oaxaca valley and are now nearly
- Head to the town of Mitla to visit a man, who weaves dyed wool on backstrap and pedal looms, making shawls and serapes
- Learn about looms, lace, aprons, silk, wool, natural dyes, pride, heritage, humility, community, family, and more
- Eight-hour tour
- Private Transportation
- Bilingual guide
- Entrance fees
- Artisans fees
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
If you aren't sure that your hotel is within downtown (Centro Historico Oaxaca) please send an email to reconfirm your pick up place.
Full refunds for cancellations made at least four days in advance.
- 6 Ratings