- 10 Ratings
Cultural Tour of the Tortilla in Oaxaca
Get off the beaten path and into the heart of Oaxaca to visit a traditional Zapotec corn farmer. Learn all about the art of tortilla making, plus visit the ruins of Yagul.
What You Will Do
- Uncover the history of the tortilla, which was invented in Oaxaca 2,700 years ago
- Head to a traditional Zapotec farm where a family of potters makes comales, without which a tortilla cannot be cooked
- Explore the ancient ruins of Yagul, which are not far from the caves where the oldest corn cobs on Earth were discovered
- Learn about the hidden ingredient in tortillas that allowed for the existence of the greatest civilizations in Mexico
- Taste the results of thousands of years of tortilla making as part of a home-cooked village meal
- Private transportation
- Bilingual guide
- Entrance fees
- Artisans fees
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements (two minimum). In the event of this occurring, you will be informed 48hrs before tour departure and offered an alternative to join another tour or full refund. Cancellation of confirmed one-day trips must be done by email. No refunds will be given for phone cancellations. Passengers have up to four days prior to their scheduled tour time to email and cancel their tour with no penalty incurred. A $35USD fee per person will be charged if you cancel less than four days prior to your scheduled tour time. Cancellations less than 24 hours prior to tour date are nonrefundable. Unused services and "No Shows" are non-refundable.
- 10 Ratings