Cottage City Oysters Farm Tour & Tasting in Martha's Vineyard
Visit the Cottage City Oyster Farm nursery as you travel on board a solar-powered work craft. Learn about the art of oyster farming, even helping to pull up a cage full of oysters for a tasty sample.
What You Will Do
- Travel over shimmering waves for an intimate tour of the Cottage City Oyster Farm: Explore this nursery nestled off the shores of Katama Bay
- Learn how bivalves support this vibrant ecosystem and hear all about aquaculture and sustainable fishing
- Cap off your adventure with a shucking demo and a tasting of fresh oysters plucked right from the waters around you
- Guided educational tour
- Tasting of oysters and clams
- Shucking demonstration with the farmer's owners
Please bring: Rain jackets, rain or muck boots, short and long pants, flip-flops, bathing suits, walking shoes, sunscreen, bug spray and water bottle. It can be cold at night, so it is recommended that you bring layers. Meals are not dressy, so please dress comfortably. Some meals include a vegetarian option. Please specify dietary requirements when you make your reservations. While the operator respects dietary choices and restrictions, sometimes it is not possible to offer menu substitutions.
Non-refundable. However, you may transfer your reservation to another person. If you transfer your ticket, you must provide the operator with an email address for the new ticket holder five days prior to the event. There is a minimum of 4 guests for the Oyster event. If there are less than 4 people on your tour, you have the right to cancel the event and you can either choose another adventure or ask for a refund. If the operator needs to cancel the event because of inclement weather, you can either book another adventure or receive a refund, minus a 10% booking fee. Please email operator with any questions.
- 2 Ratings