Chichen Itza at Sunrise Tour From Mexico City
Step back in time and discover an ancient city while the orange-hued sun rises overhead on a guided sunrise day trip to the former Mayan city, Chichen Itza. Explore the city's temples, castle and observatory while you learn about Mayan mythology, cosmology and philosophy from you expert guide.
What You Will Do
- Learn about Mayan civilization and visit ancient, well-preserved temples, the Pyramid of Kukulcan, the castle of Chen Itza, the Observatory and more as you tour this UNESCO World Heritage site
- Discover the architectural features and history of the city, a pre-Columbian city that is still considered a sacred site, and learn how the site was abandoned, concealed, discovered and unearthed
- Examine the philosophy, cosmology, and mythology of the site, including the meanings of stone carvings and the legends that surround the city
- 3 hour guided tour of Chichen Itza
- Bilingual guide
- Box lunch
- Van transportation from Mexico City
Please wear light, comfortable clothing and walking or hiking shoes. Please also bring sunglasses, a hat and sunblock.
- 68 Ratings
This tour was the highlight of my trip. Frank is an exception man who is service orientated. Unfortunately I forgot the name of the guide who showed us around inside Chitzen Itza. He is so good so knowledgeable he really made my trip. His English is so good audible and clear. My hotel pick up was a bit late pick up time was 4:40 he came 5:00. The car was so dirty and smelly. I was glad it was not the one we were going to use to Chitzen Itza. The bus to Chitzen Itza was clean and the lunch box had a good mix of nice treats to refresh after all the time spent in the sun. We really beat the crowds which meant we had a good opportunity to take good pictures and avoid the heat. Thank you for the good service.
- María Clara
Muy conforme con el trato cordial y amable del guía y conductor Frank y Omar. La guía en el tour arqueológico fue Elda, quien nos ofreció un muy completo y didáctico paseo desplegando parte de su conocimiento sobre esta maravillosa cultura. Todos tuvieron un muy buen manejo de los tiempos, explicaciones claras. Hicieron nuestra excursión muy amena y alegre, y aprendimos mucho.
- DAVID RUIZ
Was beautiful trip
Buen servicio, transporte cómodo, excelente guía y muy bien coordinado. Felicitaciones!