Three-Week Sea Kayaking Course
Go hands-on and learn everything you need to know about taking your kayak out on the open water. Explore an array of paddling techniques and water-rescue scenarios in a multi-day course that runs for three days, spaced out over three weeks.
What You Will Do
- Get hands-on paddling experience on Lake Michigan, exploring the great lake during a three courses scheduled over 3 weeks—select your own start date and the second and third class will be on the same schedule the following two weeks
- Combine instruction in the classroom, on the beach, and on the water in a fun, energetic learning environment
- Practice rescue scenarios and build confidence on the water with each passing session
- Kayak, all paddling equipment and wetsuits
- The best instructors and guides in Chicago
Each week will build upon the last, introducing new concepts and ideas, rescues and techniques and refining skills. The three-week progression is recommended to get the most out of your kayak instruction, but you can also take one class at a time with advance notice.
Bring sunblock, sunglasses and a towel. Water and snacks are recommended, and storage is available on site for personal items like cameras.
Wear a swimsuit and water shirt to keep warm and protected from the sun. Temperatures can be cooler by the lake. Synthetic clothing is best; cotton and jeans/denim are not recommended. Come prepared for the weather and to get wet.
No refunds are given if your event is cut short due to weather. Cancellations 4at least four days prior to an event will receive a 50% refund or may reschedule. Rescheduling for an event must be made at least 48 hours in advance. A $25 rescheduling fee per boat is applied for rescheduling within 48 hours of your original time. The tour operator makes the call on weather at the time we start the event. If we cancel due to weather, you will receive a rain check to reschedule for another date of your choice. In the event your tour is cut short due to weather, you will receive a voucher to join us on another tour.
- 11 Ratings
Luis was awesome, learned a ton, major confidence builder in prep for Florida Keys outing.
Brian is a skilled and patient instructor. So far , so good...