Our journey begins at one of the Loop’s most captivating structures — the Fine Arts Building. Initially constructed in 1884 as an exhibit space and office complex, it was later restructured for its current use.
Next, we make our way to the Harold Washington Chicago Public Library, which was the prize-winning design in a contest for a new library blueprint. From there, we take in the sights of three landmarks from the late 1800s, followed by the stunning Marquette Building, the Field Building (erected on the first modern skyscraper’s grounds), and the exceptional atrium lobby of the globally recognized Rookery Building.
Then, we proceed to the charmingly renovated Quincy L stop (an original 1897 design) to board the train to our final destinations. We explore the iconic Macy’s to admire the splendid Tiffany mosaic and conclude our trip at the Cultural Center, home to the world’s most extensive Tiffany dome.
Enhance your day further by booking our Pedway or Historic Pubs tour for the afternoon!
- Transit tickets
- Local expert guide
- Food and beverages
- Fine Arts Building - Meet your guide in the lobby and tour this famous building, which still has manually operated elevators.
- Harold Washington Library Center - Check out the library’s hidden gems and exhibits.
- Monadnock Building - Take a close-up look at what was once the largest office building in the world.
- Marquette Building - Learn about this national landmark.
- Revival Food Hall - Take a quick break and grab a snack at one of Chicago’s first food halls. (Refreshments not included in tour price.)
- The Rookery Building - Take a quick look at one of the most architecturally-significant buildings in the city.
- Quincy - Board the L train for a quick trip to our final two destinations.
- Macy’s on State Street - Visit this iconic department store and marvel at its amazing architecture.
- Chicago Cultural Center - Wrap up the tour with a quick peek at the home of the world’s largest Tiffany dome.
- Should be able to climb stairs as not all train stations are equipped with elevators
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours before the scheduled departure time.