The tour has a lot of stairs and and escalators and is not ideal for strollers, wheelchairs, or walkers. This tour runs at a more moderate pace and is busier than the Saturday tour.
- 25 Ratings
Chicago Weekday Pedway Tour
Explore the tunnels and walkways of Chicago's Pedway, a subterranean commuter's haven from wild weather patterns, on an in depth walking tour.
What You Will Do
- Get the feel of the city on this connected walkway that takes guests past famous shops, and above and under buildings
- Learn about the history of Chicago from an animated tour guide
- Enjoy a 90 minute brisk-paced walking tour that takes you through little known parts of Chicago's loop in the very under explored Pedway
- Ideal for those interested in seeing more archictecture of Chicago sights like City Hall, the State of Illinois Building, and Marshall Fields are all included in this tour
- 90 minute guided walking tour
Tours take place rain or shine, you'll be inside and dry!
- 25 Ratings
Magaret's passion for the Chicago Pedway was matched only by her knowledge of interesting facts about a feature of Chicago which many residents know little about. We enjoyed this tour and would recommend it - especially on a rainy, windy or cold day!
This was my second Chicago Elevated tour. Both were very unique and interesting. I've lived in the Chicago area for twenty years, but there is still so much to discover!
Margaret is very knowledgeable and fun
Margaret was motivating and full of interesting facts about the Pedway. Thank you for sharing your knowledge!
Margaret was a delightful and engaging tour guide. She made the tour fun as well as educational and I look forward to telling others about her and participating in another tour.
Margaret was so much fun and engaging!
Fun and interesting tour! Saw a new side of the city that I never knew about.
Tour was a entertaining and informative. Hour and half time frame manageable.
Tour was very informative and entertaining. Margaret was great with all of the guests!
It was a very interesting way to learn about another part of the city.Margaret is very enthusiastic and loves her job and it shows!
Margaret spoke of the nuances that made us that much more appreciative of the city. She answered all questions with humor and deep appreciation.
Learning more about our wonderful city is always a plus, and doing so in an enjoyable manner is all the better. Bravo, Margaret!
It was fun, educational, and interesting! Margaret was an awesome guide and shared her love of the city.