Chicago Historic Home General Admission
Stroll through a fully-restored Historic Landmark home from 1897 with much of the original furniture and features. Discover the influence of George W. Maher on American architecture on a tour of a home he designed.
What You Will Do
- Explore a National Historic Landmark home and museum designed in 1897 by George W. Maher, the influential architect
- See both original and historically reproduced features, including art glass windows, mosaic tile, wood furniture, and a working “Violano Virtuoso” music machine
- Learn about Prairie-style architecture and gaze out across four acres of public park space right outdoors
- Visit the headquarters of the Historical Society of Oak Park and River Forest to dive into the past life of this home
- Guided tour of a historic home
Two-hour street parking available. Children five and under are free. Wheelchair lift available.
- 23 Ratings