- 61 Ratings
Chattanooga Sunset Paddleboard Tour
Watch the city skyline come to life with a sunset tour of the Tennessee River on a stand-up paddle board. See the glass facades of the city towers light up with the glow of the setting sun as orange lights play off the rippling waves. Start off with a brief safety lesson that also gives you top-notch advice on how to steer and power you paddle board. Follow your guide through the sights and sounds of central Chattanooga as you reach the shores of Maclellen island before heading back.
What You Will Do
- Reflect on the urban beauty of the city at sunset when the glass-panelled towers steadily change from orange to red and purple shades of night take hold
- Follow the sun's gentle decline over towering mountains that erupt from the horizon as you leisurely bob up and down on the Tennessee River
- Let your guide lead you down Chattanooga's central waterway for a duck's-eye view of the city sights as you head for Maclellan Island
- Pass under three modern bridges to marvel at feats of engineering that are mostly taken for granted
- Stand up paddle board
- Experienced tour guide
- SUP and river safety lesson
- Life jacket and paddle
Please RSVP prior to departure and arrive 30 minutes early for river safety instructions.
- 61 Ratings
My sister and I had a lot of fun this past weekend doing the SUP Sunset Tour. Our guide, Dirk, was very informative and made sure that everybody got back safely and even helped my sister when she had trouble. The Tennessee River is really nice for paddleboarding and the water was pretty calm. My only complaint was that I was coming from out of town so I didn't know where the market street bridge was and I called but nobody picked up and the mailbox was full, but I had no trouble finding the spot because there were a lot of paddleboards/kayaks under this one bridge. Overall, the paddleboarding experience was great and I highly recommend this company and tour, they really do a fantastic job!
It was a very fun night! They are really organized and very safe!
It was a really fun time. So nice to just walk up and have everything taken care of for me!!
Lots of fun! Both guides were very nice! Would love to do this again!!