Take a look beneath the veneer of the colony of Charles Towne as you recreate the atmosphere of the 17th and 18th-century South. Explore the African-American experience on a guided tour.
Duration:  1hr 30mins - 2hrs 15mins
Best Price Guaranteed
- Go back in time to uncover the history of African Americans in Charleston on a guided tour
- Zip around in a comfy touring van, uncovering the old colony of Charles Towne and the landmarks from the 17th and 18th century
- Hear stories of the area’s rich history, beginning with the era of slavery and leading up to emancipation and beyond
- Discover the history behind Gullah culture and learn about the underground railroad’s role in the city
- Guided tour
- This is an interactive tour
- Come casual
- Tour is not wheelchair accessible
- No smoking or eating in the van
- No alcohol
- Service pets are allowed
Full refunds for cancellations made at least one hour in advance.
Mar 5, 2020
Frank does a wonderful in depth tour about the real Charleston. The city has a rich albeit sad and painful history. The contributions of the enslaved African American community cannot be forgotten and should be told to all who visit Charleston. History needs to be righted!
Feb 28, 2020
We really enjoyed ourselves and learned very real information, Thank You
Feb 23, 2020
Awesome tour if you want to learn about real black history in Historic Charleston SC. We learned about the real stuff that they don’t teach us in text books! Highly recommended if you want to know the “other side” of Charleston!
Meeting location:  375 Meeting St
Over 1 million bookings
for the world’s greatest activities are processed by Peek every year