Capitol Hill Walking Tour in Denver
Learn how Denver's iconic Capitol Hill neighborhood morphed from a socialite haven of mansions to a neighborhood of multi-family homes and apartment buildings, creating a vibrant residential area.
What You Will Do
- Head out to Denver's well-known Capitol Hill neighborhood, taking part in a fun-filled 85 minute walking adventure
- Learn how the area was once known for its high-brow socialite scene of mansions, later transitioning into a vibrant neighborhood with a mix of architectural styles
- Hear stories about the architects who built in Capital Hill while seeing for yourself the many different design styles from Queen Anne to Art Deco
- Enjoy having a friendly and knowledgeable guide showing you the way and taking you back in time to see Denver differently
- 85 minute Capitol Hill walking tour
This is a walking tour that covers 1.25 miles of walking, so wear your walking shoes! Dress for the weather, as the tours run rain or shine. Bring water, sunscreen, a hat, and an umbrella for whatever weather occurs. The tour is accessible to all, but it is a 1.25 mile walk on uneven pavement so please be cautious of this. A couple of the mansions the tour walks into are not wheelchair accessible and should be accessed with caution.
Tickets are non-refundable once purchased, but can be rescheduled with 24 hours advanced notice. You may reschedule your tickets (subject to availability) by calling the operator.
- 306 Ratings
Our Dosen was GREAT! Very knowledgeable. I'd recommend the Capitol Hill Walking Tour to others.
Our tour guide, Diane (Travis?) was outstanding! I think everyone one the tour felt the same way. Our tour was Friday, August 31.
Tour guide was knowledge and fun!
Fantastic tour and very informative. Being a local I learned a lot about the Capitol Hill area and very beautiful mansions. Tour guide was very friendly, helpful and delightful. Had a great time really enjoyed the tour. Will go on other tours and highly recommend for a historical Denver experience. Excellent for both tourists and locals.
Our guide was friendly and the history was interesting I will do more tours of my home town Thank you
Kevin was an excellent tour guide, very knowledgeable and personable. The tour was paced perfectly and I learned a great deal about Denver's history.
- Paul & Penny
We had a large group . Our guide was very informative and accomodating to the large group.
Bobbi was an excellent guide. Thank you!
Very knowledgeable tour guide and interesting information was presented.
Our tour guide was friendly and knowledgeable about the homes in Capitol Hill. I feel like I know the area much better after having living in Denver for 20 years.
Bobbie did a great job!