Visit a traditional Embera village where the way of life has remained unaltered for hundreds for years. Glide down a pristine river that leads through the rainforest on your way to learning all about this native tribe.
Best Price Guaranteed
- Travel deep into the rainforest on board a motorized canoe to visit a traditional village of the Embera, an indigenous Panamanian people
- Share an authentic meal of fried fish and plantains wrapped in a banana leaf, finished off with delicious fresh fruit
- Immerse yourself in the culture when you paint your body with jagua, a natural pigment used by the Embera for ceremonies
- Get a feel for the rhythm of the jungle with a traditional drum and dance performance
- Look out for blue herons, green kingfishers and keel-billed toucans as you cruise down the Chagres River
- Boat ride and entrance to Embera village
- Bilingual guide
- Picnic lunch
- Round-trip transportation from your hotel in Panama City
Let the tour provider know of any food allergies in advance and they will accommodate you.
You will receive a full refund with 30 days’ advance notice, a 50% refund with 15-29 days’ advance notice and no refund with under 15 days’ notice.
Mar 11, 2018
Great tour, Richard our tour guide was very knowledgeable about Panama and the tribe. Carlos our driver was friendly and engaging. We had a great experience.
May 16, 2017
Excellent trip, the guide, driver, and entire tour were excellent! We hope to be able to take another tour in the future!
To see the full calendar click theBook Now button below
More activities from this operator
Over 1 million bookings
for the world’s greatest activities are processed by Peek every year