- 4 Ratings
Ancient Mayan City & Natural Reserve Tour with Picnic in Calakmul
Uncover an important center of Mayan civilization deep in the jungle. Work your way through the immense region of Calakmul, home to the largest tropical reserve in Mexico, to discover this archaeological site.
What You Will Do
- Journey through the jungle on a guided tour to an ancient Mayan city and through the Calakmul Biosphere Reserve
- Uncover historic ruins and impressive structures built hundreds of years ago at the height of Mayan Civilization
- Hear stories of the area's rich history and thriving ecosystem from a friendly guide with plenty of insider knowledge
- Keep your eyes open to spot native wildlife up-close, including pigs, monkey and jaguars
- Relax with a filling picnic in this lush paradise to take a breather from exploring
- Guided tour
- Entrance to the Museum of Archeology and Nature
- Bottled water and picnic
Full refunds for cancellations made at least 60 days in advance.
- 4 Ratings
Luis was an excellent guide and Calakmul an excellent site. We had a great day. Thank you !
What an amazing experience! We were very excited to visit this natural and archaeological marvel deep in the Peten jungle, but continued to have our expectations exceeded during the course of the day. It takes some time to make it to the site (4 to 5 hours from Campeche City), but it is well worth the trip! As we entered the biosphere, we were treated to a relative menagerie of wildlife - agoutis, peccaries, foxes, wild turkeys and various bird species. Our guide was excellent and pointed out each animal while providing interesting information and stories.The site itself was incredible, and once again, our guide's depth of knowledge regarding the site's history and archaeological significance greatly enhanced the experience. We had ample time to explore and it was fantastic. At the site, we had additional wildlife sightings - toucans and a family of spider monkeys were the highlight. We were celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary and we couldn't have picked a better way to celebrate! Highly recommend Kaan Expeditions if you're looking for a truly unique trip!