Ancient Mayan City & Natural Reserve Tour in Calakmul
Explore the immense region of Calakmul, home to the largest tropical reserve in Mexico, as well as an archaeological site. Discover an important center of Mayan civilization, which was once the capital of the Kingdom of the Serpent.
What You Will Do
- Travel along ancient Mayan roads in the city of Calakmul, once a powerful capital and now an important 20th-century archeological finding
- Look out for the exotic wildlife in the surrounding jungle: Spot monkeys, toucans, ocellated turkeys, deer and possibly jaguars and pumas
- Stop at the Natural History and Archeology Museum where a guide introduces you to the region’s flora, fauna and archeology
- Learn about the meanings and uses of the buildings, as well as the history of this significant Mayan city dating from the Classic period
- Entrance fees
- Visit to Nature and Archaeological museum
- Water, refreshments and picnic at archaeological site
- Bilingual certified naturalist guide
Please wear closed shoes and light fabric clothes. Please bring mosquito repellent and a light rain jacket.
100% refund, 60 days before. 50% refund, 20-59 days before. No refund with cancellation less than 20 days before.