Uncover the magic of Boston's Museum of Fine Arts with a female perspective. Learn how women have impacted the art world and the musuem itself.
Duration:  2hrs - 2hrs 15mins
Cancellation:  No refunds for cancelled bookings
Best Price Guaranteed
- Check out several different sections of the Museum of Fine Arts, such as Greek and Roman, Egyptian, and European artwork
- Make your way to the American section, learning about the artists from our nation that have made a significant impact
- Hear about artist themes that deal with women, including female monsters in Greek mythology, women rulers of pre-modern Europe, and more
- Have fun hanging with the founder, Professor Andrew Lear, giving you an insiders look into the museum
- Guided two-hour museum walking tour
Photography is allowed in the museum, but not flash photography or video.
Please arrive 15 minutes before the tour begins.
Jun 8, 2019
The tour was so/so. The guide walked to seemingly random items and gave a superficial description of them. He didn't seem to put much effort into the content. Here's a woman spinning wool. Here's a woman with a wide skirt. Etc. He really made no attempt to connect with the tour group and seemed bored for the duration of the tour.
Apr 21, 2019
This was a great concept and the tour leader was very well qualified as an art historian. Added many interesting historical details, was friendly, encouraging etc.. I really enjoyed going through the museum following a theme rather than room to room, epoch to epoch and seeing only one area. I wished it were a bit longer (would have paid more for that). I wished it had incorporated some of the Lautrec and the Kahlo exhibits, which have obvious shady content. Two of three times, our leader could not find the dart works he wanted to show us as they had apparently been moved. So, perhaps he could be better updated on locations of things. So, I was satisfied - more than "somewhat" but a little less than "very". I would take another of these tours because of the themed aspect as a great way to look at museums/art differently. Plus you get to actually walk a bit faster and cover some ground between pauses which makes me more alert and attentive.
Apr 20, 2019
Tour guide was engaging , insightful, knowledgeable and quite funny..
Meeting location:  465 Huntington Ave
Over 1 million bookings
for the world’s greatest activities are processed by Peek every year