I love to travel because I’m obsessed with learning about new cultures and seeing awe-inspiring landscapes. My travel cravings are for exploring ancient ruins. Some of my favorite experiences include horse riding through the Mongolian steppe, climbing Mount Kilimanjaro, trekking the Inca trail, hang gliding in Rio de Janeiro and roaming through the ruins in Palmyra and Bagan.
I would spend a perfect day in Boston because of the great food and wonderful people. It has a special place in my heart because it was my first home in the US – my cell phone still has the 617 area code! I would stay at the Ames Boston.
- A helicopter ride – for stunning views of the entire city from a unique vantage point.
- The Harvard Museum of Natural History – the Glass Flowers Exhibit is breathtaking, and admission to the museum allows you access to the Peabody Museum of Archaeology and Ethnology as well.
- A day trip outside the city – escape to Martha’s Vineyard or Cape Cod.
- Oleana – it’s my absolute favorite restaurant in the Boston area, so I couldn’t recommend it more. Go big on the incredible appetizers; buttered hummus, spinach falafel, fattoush and the tamarind-glazed beef.
- Beacon Hill Bistro – the perfect spot for brunch, and the banana pancakes are delicious.
- O ya – fantastic Japanese food. Don’t miss the potato chip and truffle nigiri.
- Harvard Square and the Yard — with its classic red brick buildings it's definitely one of the most charming places in Cambridge.
- Boston Harbor – not only is it historic, but it’s also home to beautiful sailboats and cruise ships.
- The Freedom Trail – it may seem a bit touristy, but it’s laced with rich American history so it’s perfect for the culture buff.
- The art galleries in South End (SoWa) –they’re a great way to discover new artists.
- The Boston Symphony 's “20 Under 40” program— by far one of the best deals in town; if you're under 40 you can buy two tickets for $20 for the symphony’s enchanting performances.
- Museum of Fine Arts First Fridays – these fun events provide live music, drinks and tapas alongside free admission to the museum on the first Friday of every month.
The most romantic thing you can do here is take a stroll through Boston Public Garden in the fall or spring. The place I'm most excited to go to next is the Okovango Delta in Botswana.