Guided Walking Tour in La Candelaria
Traverse the historic and cultural center of Bogotá on a guided tour. Learn about the country’s multi-faceted reality on a fun walking tour with a friendly guide.
What You Will Do
- Enjoy the company of friendly guides, who lead you to historical landmarks in the downtown area
- Learn about indigenous history, graffiti, and about chicha, a local alcoholic beverage
- Hear all about the benefits of local juice mixes, plus gain insight into the history of the national drug trade
- Discover the history and tradition of the coca leaf and listen to a retelling of the attack on the Justice Palace
- Guided tour
- Chicha tasting
- Fruit and juice tasting
- Coca leaf tea tasting
- Emerald classification lesson
- Coffee tasting
Please wear comfortable walking clothing and shoes.
Make sure to send us an email with the subject CANCELLATION at least 12 hours before the start of the activity.
- 100 Ratings
The tour was fine in general, but it felt more like sitting and eating or drinking stuff than actually walking a lot. Sure food is part of the culture, but it almost felt like a culinary tour. Also very much Candelaria centered. I was hoping to see more of Bogota. Maybe a missperception. The guide talked very fast almost as if she was trying to speed up the whole tour which made it difficult to understand her.
perfect tour in all aspects
Wonderful opportunity to experience new things. You can tell how much work went into making the tour as informative and fun as it was. Thank you so much Paula!
- Maria Fernanda
Started on time and the guide was really nice, she knew really about Colombian history
The tour was really interesting and varied. Our guide was informative and enthusiastic.
A must go tour when you in Bogota. They speak and explain well in English the history of the city plus free tasting of coffee and fruits. You tip at the end. I highly recommend the walking tour in La Candelaria. Great job guys!