- 5 Ratings
Black History & Food Tasting Tour in Memphis
Set off on a guided tour of Soulsville and downtown Memphis that combines Black History and tasty foods. Discover the untold stories of Memphis, then chow down during a tasting experience.
What You Will Do
- Get set for an eye-opening, enlightening journey through Memphis with a friendly guide leading the way
- Discover the sad past of Slave Haven, a site that documents the history of the Underground Railroad
- Head to the historic Mason Temple where Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. delivered his last speech, "I've Been to the Mountaintop"
- Visit the National Civil Rights Museum/Lorraine Motel where the history of the Civil Rights Movement is traced from its roots to the present
- Hop off the Soul Train line to enjoy delicious and generous tastings from three authentically Memphis restaurants all a short walk from each other
- Transportation and food tastings
- Guided tour
City Tasting Tours is a walking tour. Route is under half a mile.
- 5 Ratings
What a wonderful way to get off the beaten path and learn black history in Memphis from a locals point of view. Queen was a very knowledgeable tour guide and Christina took us to the absolute best places to eat. Great tour experience!
I give all the credit to our tour guide, Queen. I can't wait to return!