Hilo Fire and Falls Helicopter Tour
Learn something new about Hawaii’s stunning volcanoes and indigenous rainforests on a helicopter tour. Fly over Hilo for amazing views and can't-miss photo opportunities.
What You Will Do
- Enjoy a fully-narrated helicopter tour where you see the Puna rainforest, Hilo Harbor and the North Hilo waterfalls
- Fly 500 feet above flowing lava and open vents: Feel the waves of hot air rolling off subsurface flows
- Take advantage of convenient two-way communication between all passengers and the pilot
- Ask any questions during the flight from your pilot, who's familiar with local geology and history
- Snap stunning photos of the Pacific landscapes below as you soar high over green forests, rugged volcanoes and more
- One-hour open-door helicopter tour over Hilo
- Expert pilot
Please check in 45 minutes prior to scheduled departure. In the McDonnel Douglas 500 helicopter, three out of four seats are next to a window. The seat located between the pilot and seat two have a view of the landscape through the windshield. In the Bell 407, seating is executive style. There is one passenger in the front with the pilot, and five passengers in the back. Two seats face the other three seats, which allow you to see and talk to the person you are flying with. Seating is assigned based on weight and balance. Dark clothing is recommended for picture taking as it reduces the reflection on the windows. Passengers over 250 pounds may be subject to a weight restriction fee. Be sure to bring a camera and sunglasses.
Free rescheduling if operator cancels due to weather.
- 1 Rating