The Best of Portsmouth tour is going to give you the opportunity to try 5 restaurants in one afternoon. Enjoy the food, history, and company of fellow travelers, and savor not only the tastes, but a whole feast for the senses at each restaurant.
Cancellation:  No refunds for cancelled bookings
Best Price Guaranteed
- Experience the fine food, beautiful scenery, and the charm of a New England town as you taste your way through Portsmouth
- Follow in the footsteps of Good Morning America, Man vs. Food, The Travel Channel, Phantom Gourmet and Rachel Ray to see where they went, what they ate, and what they deemed to be the best of the best
- Satisfy your palette with tasty dishes ranging from the chowder that was voted the Best in New England, Phantom Gourmet recommended pizza, and dishes from the Diner pick of Man vs. Food
- 2-hour food tour of Portsmouth
- Friendly and knowledgeable guide
- All food tastings
- The summer traffic can cause travel delays; please leave plenty of time to arrive in downtown Portsmouth and for parking
- If you arrive early there is plenty of shopping and attractions to visit
- We recommend the High Hanover Parking Garage located at 34 Hanover Street Portsmouth
- The parking garage charges $1.75 per hour for parking in the garage, with a maximum cost per day of $25.00
- The garage is open 24 hours a day
- While children are welcome on the tour, please keep in mind that it is a 2-hour walking tour and some young children may not have the stamina or attention span to last the full 2 hours
- Tours are held rain or shine
- We are generally able to accommodate vegetarians and some allergies with advance notice. Please let us know about your specific situation when purchasing your tickets
Jun 20, 2022
Jun 6, 2022
The tour was great! We really enjoyed it. My hubby said to ditch the Brussels sprouts lol. Maybe the BRGR place could offer sliders instead of sprouts?? The milk shake was yummy.
Oct 20, 2021
The food wasn’t what I expected. I thought a stop for Brussel sprouts, another for a cracker with a piece of cheese on it and a splash of honey and then another stop where we were served a single caramel didn’t live up to my expectations after reading the description that sold me on the tour. This wasn’t what Rachel ray had in mind either. The seafood chowder and the sushi were both excellent but they were only two of the stops. Our tour guide was wonderful. She gave us a delightful tour of Portsmouth but this was supposed to be a foodies’ tour.
Oct 11, 2021
Oct 11, 2021
Our tour guide, Colleen, was very knowledgeable and personable. She shared interesting facts about many historic spots around Portsmouth and made many recommendations for places to eat and shop. The food at each stop was unique and tasty. I tried some new things! Very enjoyable tour; highly recommend.
Oct 11, 2021
Sep 28, 2021
Hi Colleen, I didn't realize until after the end of the tour that you are the originator of it! At least I think so....what a clever idea. Our kids gave it to us (before covid) and thanks so much for honoring their gift certificate. We really enjoyed it, especially the history, some of which we were not at all familiar with. Gilley's was a great first stop if for no other reason than the history. (and everyone should experience poutine at least once!) Kudos to you for what you have put together...a nice variety of stops... including the sushi bar AND Carlson and Byrne! One suggestion is to have water or the chance to purchase a drink at all the major stops. Otherwise, perfect! Diane and Mike 1
Sep 27, 2021
Very nice, eclectic stops. Very informative, and interesting stories. Very good value also.
Aug 23, 2021
Our guide Sherry was great! Very motivated full of information. The restaurants were perfect picks and gave a nice peak the the Portsmouth food scene.
Aug 9, 2021
Meeting location:  Maplewood Ave
To see the full calendar click theBook Now button below
Over 1 million bookings
for the world’s greatest activities are processed by Peek every year