The Best of Portsmouth tour is going to give you the opportunity to try 5 restaurants in one afternoon. Enjoy the food, history, and company of fellow travelers, and savor not only the tastes, but a whole feast for the senses at each restaurant.
Cancellation:  No refunds for cancelled bookings
Best Price Guaranteed
- Experience the fine food, beautiful scenery, and the charm of a New England town as you taste your way through Portsmouth
- Follow in the footsteps of Good Morning America, Man vs. Food, The Travel Channel, Phantom Gourmet and Rachel Ray to see where they went, what they ate, and what they deemed to be the best of the best
- Satisfy your palette with tasty dishes ranging from the chowder that was voted the Best in New England, Phantom Gourmet recommended pizza, and dishes from the Diner pick of Man vs. Food
- 2-hour food tour of Portsmouth
- Friendly and knowledgeable guide
- All food tastings
- The summer traffic can cause travel delays; please leave plenty of time to arrive in downtown Portsmouth and for parking
- If you arrive early there is plenty of shopping and attractions to visit
- We recommend the High Hanover Parking Garage located at 34 Hanover Street Portsmouth
- The parking garage charges $1.75 per hour for parking in the garage, with a maximum cost per day of $25.00
- The garage is open 24 hours a day
- While children are welcome on the tour, please keep in mind that it is a 2-hour walking tour and some young children may not have the stamina or attention span to last the full 2 hours
- Tours are held rain or shine
- We are generally able to accommodate vegetarians and some allergies with advance notice. Please let us know about your specific situation when purchasing your tickets
Oct 31, 2022
Oct 24, 2022
Oct 24, 2022
Worth the trip
Oct 18, 2022
Had a Wonderful few hours on the tour. Interesting tidbits of information and will refer friends
Oct 17, 2022
Colleen was wonderful. We enjoyed all elements of the food tour. Thank you!
Oct 17, 2022
Would recommend to friends.
Sep 5, 2022
Colleen, our guide was great, but we were disappointed with the food tasting. It was an issue at EVERY restaurant with the exception of the Riverhouse. When we visited the Burgr House, Colleen told us this restaurant served a great burger and wonderful shakes, but we were given a fried avacado taco, we were hoping to sample a burger, maybe a slider would have been nice. Then on our way for dessert to a famous chocolate shop, we were given the tiniest caramel sample, emphasis on tiny, I would have thought we would be given a chocolate sample, since the shop was filled with chocolates and there was an emphasis how it was hand made at that location. The caramel was just OK. Colleen made a big deal about the chocolates and we never got to sample one tiny piece. Sushi is loved by some but not by others so I would suggest the guests would be given a choice of three samples at each restaurant so they have an option. Our friends love raw fish but Sushi is too specialized for this type of tour, the flyer advertising this food tour showed a picture of a lobster roll, that's what my husband and I were hoping to try. We enjoyed the tour around Portsmouth and learning some of the history and walking the back alleys. My suggestion would be that there should be more choices, which gives us pause to take the tour again.
Sep 4, 2022
Great tour guide! No complaints of her knowledge of the city. Started off the tour with wonderful tastings of seafood chowder, avocado taco and sushi. Then we had one order of poutine that we had to split among the 3 couples.? Stopped at a chocolatier and were handed a caramel (although it was tasty I expected chocolate). Ended with a macaron. Although we were offered to purchase anything we wanted to drink (at our own expense which was understandable) felt there would not be enough time to sit and enjoy it. It would have been great to be handed a map of our actual route- just something to orient to where we were. Even if given at the end of the tour. My Fitbit tracked a 2 mile walk.
Aug 28, 2022
Colleen was a lovely hostess, and knew lots of history. The food choices were just enough pirtion-wise and a great selection.
Aug 28, 2022
Compared to other food tours, this one had less food & less history. A little more of each would have been appreciated.
Meeting location:  Maplewood Ave
Over 1 million bookings
for the world’s greatest activities are processed by Peek every year