Bears Ears Multi-Day Exploration from Monticello
Explore the area around Cedar Mesa and the greater Bears Region, which is home to over 100,000 archeological sites. Gaze out over sweeping desert vistas and an intricate network of red sandstone canyons.
What You Will Do
- Hike up a beautiful canyon on Cedar Mesa where you check out a number of separate ruins along this route
- Travel past these exceptionally well-preserved ruins, as well as a set of granaries, called House on Fire, which happens to be one of the most photogenic ruins in the Bears Ears Region
- Marvel at this structure, which can sometimes appear to be on fire due to the rock coloration and location of the sun
- Walk along camber slick rock and hop along the seasonal creek, basking in the bright sunshine during this multi-day trip
- One-night in a hotel
- All meals from dinner on Thursday through lunch on Sunday
- Van transport to hikes
- Camping on Friday and Saturday nights
Booking date is for first day of trip.