Basic Self-Rescue Rock Climbing Course in Joshua Tree
Learn how to get out of tricky rock-climbing situations when no one is near with a basic self-rescue skills course. Practice scenarios to get the hang of what to do when a real problem arises.
What You Will Do
- Gear up for an essential rock-climbing class where you learn the fundamentals of self-rescue
- Learn how to escape belay, reach an injured or fallen climber with an auto-locking device, how to lower yourself back to the ground, and more
- Discuss different lowering systems and how to create an autoblock knot, as well as the basic 3-to-1 “Z” hauling system
- Enjoy the rugged wilderness of Joshua Tree National Park where the iconic, twisting trees fill up the sweeping deserts views around you
- Work with friendly and professional guides, who are there to make sure you understand these helpful lessons
- Rock-climbing equipment
- Climbing shoes, harness and helmet
- Professional guide
- Basic self-rescue class
Feel free to bring your own gear. Please bring sturdy walking or hiking shoes, weather-appropriate clothing, enough water for four to five hours, sun protection, lunch or a snack, and a day pack.
For cancellations 16 days prior to your scheduled date, a full refund will be given. For cancellations 15 days or less prior to your scheduled date, no refunds or credits will be given. Please consider short-term low cost trip insurance, which will protect you if you need to cancel due to a medical illness or emergency.