Bar Harbor Guided Ghost Tour
Explore Bar Harbor in the dark of night as you hear frightening tales too spooky for other tours. Wander around the best local haunts, listening to stories of historical ghost sightings and more.
What You Will Do
- Prepare for a scare with a ghost tour around Bar Harbor: Follow along with a local expert dressed as a Victorian Undertaker's Assistant
- Make your way through the most haunted areas in town, including the 1932 Criterion Theatre
- Hear stories of the area's history and of past residents still lurking around today, including ancient tales of Wabanaki Indian spirits
- Listen to recorded evidence of a resident ghost and snap plenty of photos along the way, trying to capture what lurks within this seaside neighborhood
- Ghost tour
- Local expert guides with national certification credentials
- Professional storyteller
Children age 5 and under are free. Please dress for the weather and be prepared to walk and stand. It is recommended that you wear comfortable walking shoes. You may bring a water bottle. Cameras are encouraged for still photos. Tour may be longer by about 15 minutes depending on the theatre schedule and our access inside the building. Theatre access may vary based on show schedule. Route is wheelchair accessible. Well-behaved dogs are allowed on the tour but not inside the theatre. No audio or video recording is allowed. Tours run rain or shine but may be cancelled in the case of severe weather. Tour is rated PG meaning parental guidance is mandatory for minors.
Tickets are nonrefundable once purchased. Purchasing a ticket reserves your spot and tours can sell out quickly, causing us to turn down other customers wishing to go on the same tour you chose. Your tickets may be rescheduled for a different day if space is available. If the tour is cancelled by Bar Harbor Ghost Tours for any reason you will receive a full refund. Please note the local restaurants can get very busy and you should plan accordingly so you won't miss your tour.