- 97 Ratings
Bannerman Island Guided Tour & Hike to the Summit from Beacon
Hop aboard the Estuary Steward for a ride to Pollopel Island, a scenic jewel nestled against the backdrop of the Hudson Highlands, for a 2.5 hour guided tour and hike to the island’s summit. Enjoy beautiful scenery and a taste of history as your guide takes you on a tour of Pollopel Island and Bannerman Castle.
What You Will Do
- Marvel at the island’s lush natural beauty and green fauna on a guided walking tour of the island
- Visit the famous Bannerman Castle ruins, Bannerman Garden and Bannerman Residence where you will learn about all things Bannerman
- Take a 30-minute cruise down the Hudson River on board the Estuary Steward, a comfortable passenger boat that will take you to Bannerman Island, where you learn about the island’s rich history
- Go on a hike to the summit of Bannerman Island, where you will be treated to incredible views of the Newburgh Bay
- Stroll the north side of the island, an exclusive walk not included in regular tours
- 2.5 hour guided walking tour and hike
- Roundtrip boat ride from Beacon
The hike is strenuous and not recommended for those who have trouble walking. Please note that due to safety reasons, guests are not allowed to go inside Bannerman Castle.
Tours are non-refundable and not able to be rescheduled.
- 97 Ratings
I thought the island and views were beautiful, the weather and time of day were perfect, and our tour guide was funny, pleasant, and very well informed. Great evening adventure all around!
this was a great tour but a little too much hiking for my comfort.
I am very intrigued by old buildings. I enjoyed hiking the island and getting as close as safely possible up to the buildings. I am looking forward to hearing about other opportunities to help you restore the residence including hosted dinner parties, etc. I love to picture how it once looked and imagine what took place there. Thank you! Bernadette - Stockton, NJ