Austin Beekeeping 101 Class
Enjoy just the basics with this beekeeping course that introduces you to all the fun of a classic pastime! Learn how to handle these buzzing buddies, how to avoid their sting, and all about their daily life and biology.
What You Will Do
- Get acquainted with the world of beekeeping during this introductory course that teaches you the basics
- Learn how to handle bees without having to worry about their sting, as well as the steps to becoming a full-fledged beekeeper
- Take a tour of the nearby apiary after your classroom lesson that comes complete with a tasting of the sweet stuff—honey
- Listen up to a low-down about the world of bee biology: from the hive down
- Apiary tour and honey tasting
- Smaller classes and individual attention
- Introductory course
Recommend wearing comfortable clothing and closed-toed shoes for apiary tour.
If you are unable to attend a class you are registered for, you may reschedule into a same cost class on a different date by sending an email to Tanya. This is subject to class space and availability. Classes purchased may also be gifted to a friend. tanya@BeeFriendlyAustin.com
- 9 Ratings
Tanya was very informative and excited to teach others how to raise bees! Tanya was very informative and a great communicator ...thanks Tanya.
The class was very interesting and informative. I came to learn get information, and feel like I did just that!
Tanya and Chuck are inviting people with amazing knowledge of beekeeping. Tanya is patient which makes for a great teacher, for me she made it interesting and fun.
I really enjoyed the time that I spent at Bee Friendly Austin. The instructor Tanya Phillips really knows her stuff. I have read a lot of books on beekeeping but It was nice to have someone that has that hands on experience that can back fill the stuff that they don't teach you in the books.