Austin Beekeeping 101 Class
Learn everything you need to know to get started in beekeeping. Equipment and tools needed, hive options, safety, bee biology, bees for AG, and more! Includes apiary tour and honey tasting.
What You Will Do
- Get acquainted with the world of beekeeping during this introductory course that teaches you the basics
- Learn how to handle bees without having to worry about their sting, as well as the steps to becoming a full-fledged beekeeper
- Take a tour of the nearby apiary after your classroom lesson that comes complete with a tasting of the sweet stuff—honey
- Listen up to a low-down about the world of bee biology: from the hive down
- Apiary tour and honey tasting
- Smaller classes and individual attention
- Introductory course
- Air-conditioned/heated classroom
- 30 + bee colonies on site
- instructors are Texas Certified Master Beekeepers
This is a working apiary with live honey bees on site. Although a stinging episode would be extremely rare, it is possible to be stung by a honey bee when visiting an apiary. Please do not attend if you believe you have severe bee allergies or have ever experienced anaphylactic shock after a bee sting.
Recommend wearing comfortable clothing and closed-toed shoes for apiary tour. Class is indoors, rain or shine.
Beekeeping Classes: No Refunds. If you are unable to attend a class you are registered for, you may reschedule into another class on a different date by sending an email to Tanya. This is subject to class space and availability. Classes purchased may also be gifted to a friend. 9874 Wier Loop Circle Austin, TX 78736 tanya - 512-560-3732 cell chuck - 512-560-5575 cell email: store@TexasHoneyBeeFarm.com
- 10 Ratings
Very informative class touching on many facets of beekeeping. Tanya’s presentation was very detailed and she was more than happy to answer any and all questions, sharing the experience she has aquired over many years of beekeeping. The hands-on session in the beeyard with Tanya and Chuck was a very pleasant experience. Small groups, in a relaxed environment, allowed eveyone to get ample time, up-front and personal, with different hives, learning hive inspection, tool use, and general beekeeping skills. If you are interested in becoming beekeeper, or just want to learn about these amazing creature, then this class is a MUST! Thanks Tanya and Chuck! I had a great time!
Tanya was very informative and excited to teach others how to raise bees! Tanya was very informative and a great communicator ...thanks Tanya.
The class was very interesting and informative. I came to learn get information, and feel like I did just that!
Tanya and Chuck are inviting people with amazing knowledge of beekeeping. Tanya is patient which makes for a great teacher, for me she made it interesting and fun.