- 61 Ratings
Alton Haunted YWCA Tour
Tour the old YWCA building, investigating a secret haunting of over 80 years with professional paranormal tools and guides. Get to know the ins and outs of this spooky location with an expert ghost-hunter leading the way.
What You Will Do
- Take part in a four-hour walking tour and active investigation of the haunted YWCA building, known to have high paranormal activity
- Experience the paranormal with three known ghosts lurking the three floors of this massive building
- Get what you need for a successful investigation when a team of professional paranormal investigators supplies you with night vision cameras, k-2 meters, temperature guns and more
- Take part in a hands-on seance, trying to get in contact with dead spirits if you dare
- Four-hour tour and investigation with paranormal investigators
- All the equipment needed to perform your own paranormal investigation
There are vending machines, or guests may bring their own snacks and drinks.
- 61 Ratings
I enjoyed the evening but would have felt more comfortable if I had been told to bring a small flashlight, navigating stairs and such was a bit difficult. We were told that all the equipment would be provided, not available for a nonrefundable rental. You need to make that clear. Even during the explanation I understood that your $10 would be refunded. In the boiler room there were signs stating there was possible asbestos contamination. Might be prudent to restrict that area just for the liability aspect.
It would be nice to have water provided. Tell the participants in advance to bring a small flashlight. It was very difficult to see using the steps. DO NOT allow entrance into the boiler room. There were signs posted regarding asbestos contamination. I would think this exposure would invite your liability. When inquiring about the event, I was told there would be a seance at the end of the evening. Nothing was ever mentioned about it. We also thought we were renting equipment, not paying a nonrefundable $10 to use it. That distinction should be made initially when advertising. It states that equipment will be provided. It doesn't say "for a fee."
Staff was helpful, free gear and an interesting venue. I have been interested in the paranormal for a number years and have done a number of hunts already. I would like to know how I may join your team. Please advise Gwlistsafetyguy@gmail.com
So fun! Would love to investigate again with this group
- Kevin and Sarah
Lack of paranormal events
Mark and his team were very experienced, presented an awesome history of the building, the stories of the three main spirits who reside and the walking tour prior to going off to investigate on our own. Providing the use of tools and very reasonable costs to purchase headlamps, cams and their willingness to assist anyone. This was one of the best Investigations I have been on. This group of investigators were extremely respectful of the spirits and when coming onto other investigators during their experience. Can't wait to go back! Only draw back is it's too short! I would have loved to have an option for an additional hour or two. AAA rating!!