- 2 Ratings
Alaska Wildlife Conservation Center Shuttle Ticket from Anchorage
Get out of the city of Anchorage on a shuttle to the Alaska Wildlife Center. Enjoy a self-guided wildlife tour, which is ideal for the independent traveller.
What You Will Do
- Travel down Alaska’s most scenic highway, which is known as Turnagain Arm, on your way to the Alaska Wildlife Conservation Center
- Make a stop at Beluga Point and Turnagain Gallery, then head over to the Portage Glacier Lodge where you can enjoy lunch or a snack
- Take a scenic walks around Portage Valley, then board the hourly shuttle from the Portage Glacier Lodge to the Wildlife Conservation Center
- Spot Alaska's most famous animals in a natural, open setting: See grizzlies, moose, musk ox, caribou, bison, wolves, and more
- Round-trip shuttle service between Anchorage and Portage Glacier Valley
- 2 Ratings
Despite the weather our driver was very accommodating. His tip on eating at a restaurant near our hotel (Suite 100), didn’t disappoint either!!!
Good view of animals; however, the facility is not pedestrian friendly. You have to walk uneven, unpaved roads alongside buses and trucks. There are also no maps or signage to give guidance. The new bear area is well done, hopefully this will be the model for the future.