One of the most requested activities, kayakitsu, starts with a morning of water activities, navigating rapids in inflatable kayaks known as ‘duckies,’ swimming in the river, jumping into the water and maybe even a rowing competition! Plus, train in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu in the afternoon.
- Explore the beautiful Pejibaye River while paddling through jungle canopies
- Practice your skills where the Pan American Kayak Championships were hosted a few years ago.
- Try your hand at whitewater kayaking and even surfing in your kayak
- Increase your strength training and cardio with International athlete Daniel Bustos
- Discuss the benefits of workouts and cross training with your coaches
- Let our friendly and knowledgeable guides teach you how to enjoy this exciting whitewater river
- Work with your coach to increase confidence in your abilities and achieve fitness goals
- Try your skills at Brazilian Jiu Jitsu or functional training on the banks of the river with our head guide and instructor Daniel Bustos
- Meet local people and families to train with them
- Enjoy a typical healthy Costa Rican food for dinner
- Inflatable Kayak, Paddle, PFD, Helmet, and any necessary safety gear
- A delicious typical Costa Rican lunch
- Anyone with a passion for sports and physical activity is welcome to choose this adventure combo
- Beginners are welcome as are professional athletes
- Groups, Teams, Gyms are all are welcome
- Our training Camp is designed to provide a day or week of well-rounded workout experiences but also provide an unforgettable vacation in the beautiful Turrialba Valley
- Please bring clothing that can get wet, water shoes that will stay on your feet, sunscreen, a water bottle, and smiles for the morning
- You should also bring athletic clothes, footwear, water, and smiles for the afternoon
- The Adventure Combo tour is a physical activity, please take this into consideration and assess your ability before signing up for this trip
- A cancellation one day before the tour will result in a charge of 50% of the tour value
- Not showing for the tour will result in a charge for the full tour value
- Cancellations for alcohol or drug abuse will result in a charge for the full tour value
- Cancellations for weather conditions will result in a refund or rescheduled tour
To see the full calendar click theBook Now button below
More activities from this operator
Whitewater Kayak Lesson in Turrialba
See why the Pejibaye is one of the best rivers in Costa Rica to learn to kayak! Beginner kayakers will use this section of river to work one on one with an instructor to practice their rolls, become more comfortable with eddy turns, and experience “pushy” water. More experienced paddlers can practice eddy turns, surfing, and slalom type ferrys and eddy catching. There are multiple spots along this run that allow for surfing in a kayak as well. You’ll get to experience just the right amount of rapids, rocks and swift water while paddling below the jungle canopy.
Duration:  4hrs - 6hrs
Full-Day Whitewater Inflatable Kayak Adventure in Turrialba
Experience just the right amount of rapids, rocks and swift water while paddling below the jungle canopy. Then take a break at one of the local’s favorite lunch spots along the Pejibaye River before an afternoon filled with more aquatic fun.
Duration:  5hrs - 7hrs