EuropeLondon » Paris »MexicoCancun » Los Cabos »
EastBoston » Martha's Vineyard » Cape Cod/Nantucket » Chicago » Miami »
WestLas Vegas » Los Angeles » Napa and Sonoma » San Diego » San Francisco » Seattle »
HawaiiBig Island » Kauai » Maui » Oahu »
Perfect Day: A Foodie's Paradise with Wolfgang Puck
When I travel, I crave new culinary experiences. My earliest travel memory is taking the train as an 11-year old to England and eating corn flakes with brown sugar and milk for the first time. I would spend my perfect day in LA because the climate is perfect! There are beaches, mountains, movie stars... so much to love. My most memorable moment here was at the Hotel Bel-Air for a Sunday brunch. I had scrambled eggs with white truffles, pancakes with honey truffle butter and a grilled chicken sausage with more truffles. And, a bottle of the top-of-the-line Ca del Bosco.
My favorite places to eat
- WP24 for the Peking Duck.
- Osteria Angelini for pizza and pasta (and, it's kid friendly!)
- CUT, where you can get a perfectly charcoal-grilled Snake River Farms New York steak with crispy onion rings, French fries and béarnaise sauce to dip your fries into.
The places you should definitely see
- Having an early dinner at Nobu in Malibu and watching the sunset.
- Visiting LACMA (Los Angeles County Museum of Art) for its great contemporary art collection.
- On a clear day, enjoying the Getty Center with its incredible view from downtown to the Pacific. Plus, the building was designed by architect Richard Meier.
My favorite hidden gems are
- The coffee shop at The Beverly Hills Hotel.
- Urasawa for the best omakase dinner in America.
- Visit Olvera Street in downtown L.A. to see where the City of Angels began.
The most romantic thing you can do here is go to a concert at Disney Hall, then have a late-night supper at the piano bar at the Hotel Bel-Air.
The place I'm most excited to go next is India.