Robert Mondavi Winery Tour
- In depth winery tour that follows the path of the grape from the vineyard to the cellar to the finished wine
Visit To Kalon Vineyard and winemaking cellars (including fermentation and barrel aging)
Seated educational tasting of three wines with a wine specialist
- Opportunity to learn how to describe wine from a completely unique angle
- Tastes from a selection of three wines while listening to a series of music clips from a broad range of styles
- Task of choosing the song you feel best represents the wine or the wine you feel best represents the music
- Interactive and fun program that will lead to lively discussions about how wine makes you feel, rather than analyzing its usual elements such as color, acid, or alcohol
- Tour with a wine educator of To Kalon Cellar and barrel aging rooms, while discussing the inner workings of the winery, as the sun sets over the Napa Valley
- Tasting of Robert Mondavi Reserve and Spotlight wines accompanied by an artisanal cheese board
- Opportunity to learn about Robert Mondavi's love of wine and food as described in his autobiography, Harvests of Joy, as you tour the winery
- Three-course lunch prepared by respected winery chef, paired with signature wines, while overlooking To Kalon Vineyard and neighboring Mayacamas Mountains
7801 Saint Helena Highway , Oakville, California 94562
About Robert Mondavi Winery Tour
Live the good life of the Napa Valley at one of the region’s most prestigious wineries. Take a twilight stroll through the legendary To Kalon vineyard and watch the sinking sun turn the valley to gold. Tour the barrel aging rooms, and finish your evening with a reserve wine and artisan cheese tasting. Listen to the soaring sounds of music as you sip wines and discuss which pairs with jazz or opera. Take a guided vineyard tour and learn about the fertile valley that produces the winery’s legendary grapes. Enjoy a three-course wine-pairing lunch in the Vineyard Room with views of the Mayacamas Mountains. Eat, drink and be merry—these winery tours offer the best of the valley.
I have visited twice and enjoyed it both times. First time took the tour of the grounds and simple tasting. This trip enjoyed the much more in depth Joy of the Harvest tour and lunch. I don't think you can really go wrong here. Staff is knowledgable but not condescending and seem to enjoy their job as they help you enjoy their winery.