Day Trip to Champagne
- Pick-up and drop-off at your hotel or apartment
- Knowledgeable guide to share expertise on the history, techniques, and specificities of Champagne
- Traditional French lunch with a view of the Marne Valley
- Three Champagne tastings
- Guided visits of three Champagne houses
- Visit to the abbey of Dom Perignon in Hautvilliers
Hotel Pickup, Paris, France
About Day Trip to Champagne
Raise a toast (or three) as you explore the legendary Champagne region and its famous effervescent wines on this day trip from Paris. Your guide will pick you up right at your hotel in the morning and drive you and a small group to Epernay, a beautiful Champagne-producing area steeped in history and tradition. Learn about the unique characteristics of the climate and soil in the region, and see firsthand how Champagne is made. You’ll visit the abbey where Dom Perignon notoriously created the sparkling wine, sip bubbly in centuries-old chalk cellars, and savor a traditional French meal overlooking the vineyards.
We had an incredible tour of Epernay through O Chateau. The group size was small, the wineries were terrific and the guide was friendly and fun to hang out with. If you're thinking of making a day trip out to the Champagne region you can't do better.